Terms & Conditions
Last updated 06 June 2008
Although these terms and conditions may look scary; there isn't anything nasty hiding in them; they're just here to protect everyone.
SecondHandFinder.com (we, us) provides its service to you, subject to the following terms and conditions, which may be updated at any time without notice. Please ensure you review these terms and conditions each time you use our service by accessing them at http://www.secondhandfinder.com/terms.html.
By using this website at any time, you acknowledge and accept these terms and conditions in full.
2. Your Privacy and safety
- You as the user/visitor acknowledge that all ads posted by you and/or on your behalf on this site are to be visible to the public without exception.
- You are completely responsible for all content (text, photographs, images, video, music, sound, messages, information of any kind and all other materials and media) submitted to and displayed on this web site by you or any party on your behalf.
- You are responsible for any consequences, loss or damage however so incurred that may result from you posting on or using this website.
- We suggest caution, while disclosing any personally identifiable information on this site, as it is fully accessible by the public. Anybody, anywhere in the world can view ads posted on this web site without exception.
- You are responsible for the safekeeping of any username, password or email containing any username or password associated with this site. If you lose any of these, please visit the Second Hand Finder help centre http://www.secondhandfinder.comhelp.html.
3. Buying and Selling
- Any decision to buy or collect an item for free from an advertiser on this web site is a contract between you (the buyer) and the advertiser (and/or seller). We offer no assurances that any ads placed on this site are genuine. We offer no user/buyer protection, payment options or payment protection in any way to site users. We recognize any contract, agreement or transaction between a buyer and seller as private.
- If you find an ad on this site that appears at all suspicious (no matter how trivial your concern may be), please report it in the Second Hand Finder safety zone http://www.secondhandfinder.com/safety_zone.html.
- We reserve the right to remove any advert from our website and keep on permanent record any ads, emails and the information collected about the ad poster including but not limited to email address, ip address, name, telephone number and postcode if we feel that any ad or email is in some way unlawful and does not abide by these terms and conditions. Such information may be passed onto a law enforcement agent as outlined below.
- You agree not to use this web site and its services to:
- Post, email or transmit in any way from this web site unsolicited or unauthorized messages or content including, but not limited to junk or spam email.
- Post, email or transmit in any way from this web site messages or content that infringes or violates any copyright, patent, trademark or any other right of any party be they individual or an organization of any kind.
- Post, email or transmit in any way from this web site messages or content that is harmful, tortuous, threatening, abusive or defamatory in any way.
- Post, email or transmit in any way from this web site messages or content that is pornographic, obscene or vulgar.
- Post, email or transmit in any way from this web site messages or content that is hateful or racist in any way.
- Post, email or transmit in any way from this web site messages or content that is deemed as being confidential.
- Post, email or transmit in any way from this web site messages or content that is invasive of any party's privacy whatsoever.
- Post, email or transmit in any way from this web site messages or content that is intended to impersonate, misrepresent, or falsify in any way any individual, party or entity without the individuals, parties or entity's express permission.
- Post, email or transmit in any way from this web site messages or content that is considered to be or is related to chain letters and/or pyramid schemes.
- Post, email or transmit in any way from this web site messages or content that is considered to be technologically dangerous such as spy ware, viruses, code or programs intended to harm or disrupt the operation of any computer, telecommunications system, hardware or software of any kind.
- Interfere in any way the operation of this web site.
- Farm, collect, duplicate, distribute or forge data or content from this web site.
- Farm, collect, duplicate, distribute or forge personal information about other users from this web site.
- If we feel that you have used this website for any of, but not limited to, the reasons listed at 4(1) above, we reserve the right to take any reasonable action we see fit.
- We reserve the right to delete any ad you post on this web site and to block you from making posts in the future for any reason we see fit and without notice or explanation.
- We reserve the right to make alterations to any ad in any way we see fit.
- We make no warranty or representation that:
- The results and/or information presented on this web site, will be accurate or reliable.
- The running of the web site will be error free and that any errors will be corrected.
- The web site will be uninterrupted or error free.
- The quality of the web site, information presented on the web site, its services will meet your expectations.
- Using the web site will meet your requirements in any way.
- We reserve the right to terminate or suspend this web site and its services at any time without notice or explanation. We accept no liability for any loss or damage you may incur as a result of the termination or suspension.
- You agree that we shall not be liable to you or any third party for any direct, indirect, incidental, exemplary or consequential damages including, but by no means limited to: loss of data, profits, goodwill or other damages resulting from the use of this web site, lack of accessibility of the web site and its services, performance of this web site.
- You agree to indemnify us in respect of any demand or claim brought against us by any third party as a result of your use of our services. This includes, but is not limited to, any damages awarded against us and legal fees made by any party as a result of your use of this web site.
- You agree that we shall not be liable to you or any third party for any direct, indirect, incidental, exemplary or consequential damages including, but by no means limited to: loss of data, profits, goodwill or other damages resulting from information, images, media or material of any kind on the web site which is abusive, defamatory, threatening, offensive, pornographic, indecent, obscene or unlawful.
7. The Future
While we have no plans to do so, we reserve the right to introduce any charges to the service we deem fit. This will not affect any adverts already live.